Men’s Sheds Cymru has created a network of places (“sheds”) across Wales where men can get together to chat, take part in activities and make new friends. It’s based on the idea that men bond best when working on shared activities. Each “shed” is different because it’s shaped by the interests of its members.
Since 2013, Men’s Sheds Cymru (MSC) has:
- Supported 1000+ active shed members in Wales
- Founded over 70 sheds across Wales.
By engaging with and listening to what men (and their communities) want we have:
- Helped create a vibrant Welsh Men’s Shed community where there was none
- Given many men the chance to re-engage in their community
- Given a voice to men at local, regional and national levels.
Inspired by the saying that “Men don’t talk face to face, they talk shoulder to shoulder” we’ve created safe spaces for men to relax, bond and take part in activities. We’ve seen great results: men have made new friends and discovered new interests. We’ve helped them to find a sense of purpose and feel better about their lives.
Find out more at www.mensshedscymru.co.uk