Half or full-day course
*Option for NTF accreditation via Agored Cymru
This course will build your understanding of the complexities of domestic abuse and the cycle of abuse. It increases knowledge about how abusive relationships can affect children and children’s roles and behaviours. We’ll develop your understanding of manipulation and collusion in domestic abuse, and their effects on children.
- Discuss the link between violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence, and the risk to children
- Outline how to consider risks faced by the victim, posed by the perpetrator and experienced by children, and take appropriate actions to minimise these risks
- Address how to respond to the trauma that comes from experiencing domestic abuse as a child
- Ensure delegates know what resources are available for supporting children who have experienced domestic abuse.
- Knowledge and understanding of the definition and types of VAWDASV
- Awareness of abusive behaviours
- Understanding of the impact of VAWDASV on children and young people (CYP)
- Knowledge of how to deal with disclosures/raising concerns
- Understanding of impact of the pandemic on domestic abuse
- Knowledge of the tools available to support CYP
- Knowledge of the support services available to individuals and organisations.