*Option for NTF accreditation via Agored Cymru
- Introduce/increase knowledge of female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Establish knowledge and understanding of the legislation on FGM in the UK
- Consider the emotional and physical effects on those at risk
- Enable individuals to recognise signs of FGM
- Provide information on where to get support for individuals
- Build confidence in how to respond to disclosures.
- Develop a basic understanding of the term FGM
- Become familiar with guidance documents in the UK relating to FGM
- Understand the legislation on FGM in the UK
- Have an insight into how someone undergoing FGM may be affected and how to recognise the signs
- Understand where to go for support regarding FGM and how to report a case.