Do you want to make a difference to another person’s life? We have an exciting opportunity for a compassionate and motivated person to join our Support Team in Rhondda Cynon Taff. Please read on to find out more about the incredible work our team delivers and for you to apply to join our amazing team…
This role will require shift working & sleep ins (Paid per hour at NLW)
- To assist the Operations Manager in ensuring that the office runs smoothly, all records are regularly updated, all returns submitted on time
- To assist Support Workers by maintaining comprehensive records and service user files in accordance with Hafan Cymru policies and procedures
- To assist Support Workers in assessing service users’ needs and to work with them to develop, and adhere to, a task orientated personal support plan in line with Supporting People or other regulatory requirements and within the timescales required
- To assist Support Workers in undertaking Risk Assessments on each applicant and agreeing a risk management plan
- To assist the Manager encourage the active participation of service users in line with Hafan Cymru’s service user participation strategy including organising participation events and assisting in the transport of service users to attend these
- To collate service user outcomes and the feedback of service users views to support the development and improvement of Hafan Cymru’s services, and manage and maintain electronic and paper based record systems in accordance with established procedures
- To assist service users with information on welfare rights, payments of rents and liaison with their landlord, maintenance queries et
- To liaise with Local Authority Housing Officers, Housing Benefit staff and any other relevant external agencies when appropriate in relation to individual service users’ needs.
- To assist service users with accessing move on accommodation or alternative accommodation as appropriate
- To actively publicise the work of Hafan Cymru to relevant local agencies in support of generating new referrals and filling voids.
- To be familiar with and work in accordance with all Hafan Cymru policies and procedures and legal and regulatory requirements
- To work in accordance with Hafan Cymru’s health and safety policy and procedure taking action to ensure own safety and that of clients.
- To develop knowledge and practice by actively participating in learning opportunities through team meetings, regular supervision, appraisals and appropriate training
- To work flexibly and as part of a team by supporting colleagues and providing cover as required in the event of staff shortages and ensuring that each service user is provided with an appropriate level of support